Concerned About Falling? Residual Limb Pain? Or Not Getting Back To The Things You Used to Do?
PRESS play below…
Written specifically for YOU by one of Australia’s leading amputee physiotherapists, this unique book looks not only at exercises for YOUR physical health, but also the essentials for YOUR mental and emotional wellbeing.
The information is practical and easy to use. It includes photographs of exercises and “Action Steps” that will teach YOU the skills and strategies to live a long and health life with an amputation – no matter what YOUR age or amputation level.
- How to improve YOUR balance and become more confident
- The keys to start doing the things YOU used to do
- How YOU can exercise safely & effectively at home
- Tips & tricks to improving YOUR mindset and enjoying life
- How YOU can walk better & have more energy
- INSPIRING Stories of Amputees – which will help YOU see that while theroad at times may seem difficult, YOU are not alone
Here’s What You Will Find Inside:
Table of Contents
Foreword by Adam Hills:
“…All these years I wondered if there was anything extra to be done for my body; more to the point I wondered if there was anything extra I should be doing for my body. Now it seems there may be a way forward. And let’s be honest, as I rapidly approach the age of forty, the more I can do to alleviate the effects of everyday aches and pains the better…”
1. Why You Should Read This Book
2. What’s Unique About This Book
3. What Exercise Can Do For You – Mind And Body Health
4. The Common Myths About Amputees And Exercise
5. How To Guarantee Your Success
6. Get Ready To Get Physical
7. Improve Your Balance and Walk With Confidence
8. The Key To Moving More Efficiently – Your Core Stability
9. Walk Better and Get Where You Are Going Faster
10. How To Keep Your Heart Healthy
11. You Need To Be Flexible – So Stretch
12. How To Overcome Setbacks, Fears And Frustrations
13. FAQ’s From Amputees And Their Families
14. Your Quick And Easy Reference Guide
I Am Genuinely Excited About This Book
I am genuinely excited about this book and about how it may affect my life. Perhaps it will give me a new training regime tailored to my condition. Maybe it will alleviate some of the physical niggles I seem to be accruing on a daily basis. And since the physical and the mental are always correlated – it may even give me a new way of looking at myself and my so-called disability.
Adam Hills – Comedian, Spicks and Specs – ABC TV
Listen to Cathy Howells
Listen to Cathy – she’s the best amputee physiotherapist in Australia.
Donnie Elgin – Australian Paralympic Medalist
The Amputee Coach is so much more than a book. It is a step-by-step guide which is creating a community of amputees empowered to keep moving & enjoy life to the full.